Sunday 4 March 2012

Food, Glorious Food.

I am currently blogging live from Bangkok: concrete jungle that could possibly swallow New York whole.

Although it's my third time here, somehow its always hotter and more chaotic than I remember.


It is however, the first trip for my family who have flown literally across the world and to be with my sister when she gives birth (hopefully) sometime this week. Its been quite an experience so far, observing my family's reaction to life and customs here {insert your very own squat toilet joke here}.

I knew this  trip would involve lots of food and I was specifically looking forward to having brunch at Crepes & Co.


I visited this restaurant when I was in Bangkok last year and just remembered sitting outside in the sunshine with freshly squeezed orange juice and a table filled with amazing food. I was very excited to go back.

It was exactly as I remembered it, bursting at the seams with expats and waitresses in stripes.


After perusing the menu for possibly an eternity I finally decided on pancakes, smoked salmon and cottage cheese, along with a nutella filled crepe. Yes I ordered 2 breakfasts, don't judge me. And actually, I did share it so it was perfectly acceptable.

It. Was. Fabulous.



Unfortunately, in about 3 seconds flat it was reduced this:


After so much food, there was definitely no space for lunch. However, when it was time for dinner I may have overdone it yet again. I was so busy eating, I didn't take any photos. I ate enough to put myself in a food coma.

And then, there was dessert. The infamous MANGO STICKY RICE. I don't even want to know the calorie content...


An unlikely combination, this surprisingly addictive Thai dessert is drizzled with coconut milk and served warm. If your curiosity has gotten the better of you, try this recipe, and you won't regret it.

As for me, Im off to the gym tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. WOW...i wish i was there.....oh the food would have definately put me in a coma.....as usual...great article!

    Keep hearing about this infamous mango sticky rice! Must be great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers